Please join us for our upcoming CSTA- UCSD Supercomputer Center Partnership Meeting.
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
Please join us to learn about what’s happening in the region’s community of computer science teachers, and discover some new tools and resources to support your teaching. So much has happened since our meeting last February! Be sure to bring your laptops to this meeting! By popular demand, each meeting will now introduce a hands-on featured open-source software that you can easily use in your classroom and/or teach to your students.
This meeting is really important, as we will have elections for the coming year’s board positions. Please nominate yourself (or a peer) for any position that interests you (or them). At this time of much change in the region’s secondary school curriculum, the San Diego chapter of CSTA can truly make a difference in our community, introducing computational thinking to all students, to help them succeed in any career they choose.
- San Diego CS Principles project updates and conference presentation plan
- San Diego Pilot sites for new AP CS Principles exam (Art Lopez)
- Emerging resources to support CS Principles (handout)
- CS Principles Support websites tour (Jeff Sale)
- New AP CS Principles website (demo)
- Election of 2013-2014 CSTA Board Officers
- StudentTECH Instructor JobFest (Discussion and Planning)
- Georgia Tech Summer Planning Workshop and Seed Fund Grant Opportunity
- App Inventor Tutorial (Jeff Sale)
- Old Business
- New Business (next meeting’s date and agenda)
- Around the table