Make School is currently in the process of creating a free curriculum for next year’s AP Computer Science Principles course that teaches iPhone Development. We’ve named the course “Swift CSP.” Swift CSP is project-based, exploratory, and makes use of Swift Playgrounds to teach core CS concepts in a visual, gamified way.
- See what it looks like: www.make.sc/swiftcspyoutube
- We’ll cover the Seven “Big Ideas” through videos from our Make School Speaker Series. We’re leveraging our partners and contacts here in Silicon Valley to create content that students will find interesting and relevant. We currently have verbal commitments from people such as Head of Photography at Pixar, Craig Newmark (of Craigslist), and the UN’s Director of VR Filmmaking.
- By the end of the course, your students will have made a great mobile app for submission to College Board that is also ready to be submitted to the App Store! We’ve found students get very excited about iOS development–high schoolers love the idea of creating an iPhone app that their peers can download and use. This content will make it easy for teachers to recruit students to AP CSP–especially female students, and underserved minorities.
- We’ll be providing teachers who use our curriculum with a pre-made curriculum map, unit plans, and lesson plans. We understand how much time paperwork takes up–our goal is to simplify this for our teachers, so that you can spend more time working with your students!
- We’ll be running an optional 3-day teacher workshop over the summer in San Francisco, CA to train teachers on how best to use our curriculum.
- Sign up to use our curriculum: www.makeschool.com/swift-csp
There is no “freemium” content, etc. We want to help support high school CS teachers.
If you’re interested in using our curriculum or have any questions, you can contact our Swift CSP team (Nicolai Safai, Dion Larson and Mike Kane) at email@example.com.
Also, if you already have iOS experience, we’re hiring Summer iOS Instructors and we pay $16.5-20k for 11 weeks. Apply here: www.makeschool.com/jobs/ios-summer-instructor.